My daughter Sarah is miles ahead of me when it comes to making the world a better place. She’s like my own personal Guru.
Today she gave me a ‘Complaint free world’ purple bracelet to wear. She said that every time I find myself complaining, gossiping or criticising anything, even if it was in my thoughts, I had to take off the bracelet and swap it onto my other wrist. I had to keep moving the bracelet from wrist to wrist until I could keep it on the same arm for 21 days. Well there’s a challenge! I like a bit of gossip from time to time but I’m not one for complaining or criticising – or so I thought!
From an early age our parents teach us to say “Thank you”, but having an attitude of gratitude is more than just saying “Thank you”.
As a child I sometimes said “Thank you”, out of fear of not being, or sounding polite. This was coming from a place of fear which is not healthy. When you are truly thankful you come from a place of kindness and gratitude, and you connect to the vibration of love.
Just saying “Thank you”, raises your vibration, but when you say these words and connect to the energy of gratitude and appreciation, this brings you into perfect alignment with the spiritual aspect of your being.
I was introduced to the mindset of an attitude of gratitude while I was on a meditation course a few years ago and it was one of the most life changing spiritual practises I experienced.
This month’s blog is not really a blog!
A friend emailed me this a few years ago and I tweaked it slightly for my own benefit. I wanted to share it with you because it is perfect for New Year’s resolutions.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did last year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realise that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like science class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Time heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- When you awake alive in the morning, be thankful for it.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
- Practise an attitude of gratitude.
Last January I made a vision board with all my wishes and desires for 2011. It is pinned to the wall next to my bed and it is the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. It is an amazing and powerful tool to get the ‘Law of attraction’ working in a positive way. More about that in my next blog!
Happy New Year to you all J
Love and Gratitude